Miso Braised Pork
August 17, 2022
- 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 4-5 pound pork butt roast – or shoulder, cut into strips or cubes (leave fat on)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2, 2-inch pieces of ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2/3 cup miso
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Soak chopped pork in apple cider vinegar overnight in the refrigerator. Rinse and pat dry.
- In large stock pot, melt coconut oil. Add ginger and garlic. Stir for a few minutes.
- Add coconut aminos, miso and coconut sugar. Stir until coconut sugar is dissolved.
- Add chopped pork. Cover with water and cover the pot. Cook on low until pork is done through, 1-2 hours. Add more water if needed.